Nightmare (ナイトメア, Naitomea) is a Japanese Visual Kei band.
Nightmare began in January 2000 by Sakito and Hitsugi while most of the members were still in high school. Soon, Yomi was invited by Sakito, Ni~ya by Hitsugi, and Zannin joined after they heard their classmates were forming a band. They were all influenced by either X Japan or LUNA SEA in some form.
Just as the band began getting much recognition at live houses and small concerts in the Sendai region, Zannin left the band for unknown reasons. Eventually, Ruka (formerly Luinspear) joined the band as a support member at first, but became the permanent drummer after a short time. Their line-up hasn't changed since.
They debuted in 2003 with their single "Believe." Three months after their debut, they released a three A-side single, Akane/HATE/OVER, a first time for any band to release any single with three A-side tracks. In December 2003, they had their first tour along with their first album release "Ultimate Circus." Following their release was a tour named after the album, performing songs from "Ultimate Circus" as well as songs from their indies era.
In 2004, it was Nightmare's busiest year. Releasing three singles (Varuna, Tokyo Shounen, and Shian) and another full album (Libido), the band once more toured around Japan. It was called TOUR CPU 2004. Their most well known live, "Tenka Daiboso" at Hibiya Yaon showed the best of Nightmare's charismatic performance to fans everywhere. From 2005-2006, Nightmare continued working hard, releasing more singles and their third full length album in 2006, anima. It was well received by fans and is still the most well known album by Nightmare to date. Their tour, [anima]lism, completely sold out.
With three albums and several tours under their belt, Nightmare released a " best of" album, "Gianism- Nightmare no Kuse ni Namaikidazo" on May 2006. They also released "Gianism - Omae no Mono wa Ore no Mono" and "Gianism - Ore no Mono wa Ore no Mono," a re-release of the songs they performed during their indies era in two albums a month later. Later on that year, they released their ninth single since their debut titled "the WORLD/Alumina." These two songs were used as the first opening (the WORLD) and ending (Alumina) for the anime Death Note, respectively, spanning episodes 1-19. In February 27, 2007, they released their fourth album, "the WORLD RULER." Following the album release was "the WORLD Ruler" three month tour all around Japan. After finishing their tour for barely a month, their rock ballad single was released on June 6, 2007 titled "Raison d'etre." It was the opening theme song to the anime Claymore.
On June 2007, they had a three-day concert event titled "the WORLD RULER ENCORE." On September 23, 2007, they performed at Nippon Budokan for the very first time. The concert was called "Far East Symphony ~the FIVE STARS NIGHT~" and tickets were all sold out within two weeks. Later in 2007, they released two more singles, titled「このは」("Leaf") on October 3rd, 2007; the other titled "DIRTY," released on November 7th, 2007. DIRTY will be another opening theme song to the anime「魔人探偵脳噛ネウロ」(Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro), "Private Evil-Eye Nougami Neuro." The series began airing in October.
To wrap up the year of 2007, they will be having another tour called "DIRTY Influence" in selected cities in Japan in December 2007. To kick start 2008, they have decided to do a Zepp tour titled "2008 ZEPP TOUR six point killer show" in March 2008. At the beginning of the year, they released two more albums, Nightmare 2003−2005 Single Collection and 極東シンフォニー〜the Five Stars Night〜@BUDOKAN. Nightmare 2003-2005 Single Collection was released under their old label, Nippon Crown.
Their first single of 2008 titled WHITE ROOM was released as a limited download via the internet. On May 21, 2008, they will be releasing their fifth original studio album titled "KILLER SHOW." Beginning in June, they will have a live house tour all around Japan titled after latest album.
Aside from appearing on TV shows, magazine covers, and concerts, they also have a radio program with NACK 5 called "Jack in the Box!". Yomi and Hitsugi usually host the show. However, Sakito, Ni~ya, and Ruka do pop in from time to time with the two.
Along with that, all the members except for Yomi have a monthly column in different music magazines.
* Hitsugi has his in SHOXX magazine titled 猫ふんじゃった (A Cat's Minute). It used to be called "ZOZZY," an inside joke with the members when they were first interviewed in SHOXX back in 2004. Yomi had made a comment saying they should do a whole SHOXX magazine dedicated to Nightmare only. Hitsugi said if they were to do that, they should change the magazine name to "ZOZZY" instead and turn it into a comic magazine.
* Sakito's is in B-PASS magazine titled 鈍行いくの？~五十音の旅~ and has a free paper column called ディスクガレージ発行フリーペーパー「DI:GA」 ヴィジュアル系だって人間だもの (DISC GARAGE Issue Free Paper "DI:GA" Those Who Are Human in Visual Kei). Recently, he was a DJ for InterFM's show, UP's BEAT, every Monday night as the show has various DJs hosting every night.
* Ni~ya's is in Zy magazine titled "JUST FREAK OUT LET IT GO"
* Ruka's is featured in duet magazine titled 出てる！出てる！ (Coming out! Coming out!).
Most of their songs have a heavy metal element with a heavy bass line, tricky rhythms and changes in melodic keys. Although their recent songs have a slight avantgarde/alternative element (this is prominent especially in their "anima" album), the band has still kept its roots from their indies' days. They have also experimented with jazz, ambience, electronica, techno and bossa nova styles of music. Even though most of their songs are fast tempoed, they have written a fair amount of rock ballads as well.
Nightmare also has an unofficial "series" when it comes to their songs titled Gianizm. According to Sakito, he said Gianizm derived from Doraemon's character Gian. Gian's motto is "Omae no mono wa ore no mono. Ore no mono wa ore no mono." ("What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine.") Coincidentally, this is also the name of the two 'best of' albums they had re-released their indies' songs on.
Flipside Band: Sendai Kamotsu
Sendai Kamotsu (translating to 'Sendai Movers'), is Nightmare's side project, or "ura-band" (ura meaning underside or flipside). All members of the band wear a red jumpsuit uniform like regular moving companies. Created in 2001 before their major debut, each respective members got in touch with their outrageous alter egos and rocked out. In this band, they have a mysterious sixth member, keyboardist and sound manipulator Kurihara. The real identity of this member was never revealed. Their style of music ranges from samba to ska to heavy metal, something different from what they're used to doing as Nightmare. They have released three DVDs, two singles, two albums and a new single release on October 10, 2007 titled "Gei School Otokogumi" with the coupling song, "Over the Geinbo." On August 8th, 2007, they had a live at Enoshima titled "Enoshima Men's Carnival."
In October, they had a three day tour titled「教師ぎんぎん物語」 (Kyoushi gin gin monogatari), translating to "Happy Classroom Stories."
The members are:
* Chiba (Yomi)- Vocals
* Satty (Sakito)- Guitar
* Fullface (Hitsugi)- Guitar
* Wen Chen Chen (Ni~ya)- Bass
* Gigaflare (Ruka)- Drums
* Kurihara- Keyboardist/SFX
* Ultimate Circus
* Gianism Best Ofs
* the WORLD Ruler
* Nightmare 2003-2005 Single Collection
* 極東シンフォニー〜the Five Stars Night〜
* KILLER SHOW
* Outlaw アウトロー November 21, 2002
2. Buildings. Roman ビルドゥングス・ロマン
3. Gianism San ジャイアニズム惨
4. Saiyuki 最遊期
5. Shinjitsu no Hana 真実の花
* Hankouki 犯行期 September 21, 2001
1. Jishou~Shounen Terrorist~ 自傷（少年テロリスト）
2. Wasurenagusa~K no Souretsu~ 「勿忘草」～Kの葬列～
3. Hoshi no Negai O... 星に願いを・・・
* Gaia~Zenith Side~ June 05, 2002
1. Fly me to the Zenith
3. Gianism Tsu~shougai mina koroshi~ ジャイアニズム痛～生涯皆殺し～ PV
* Gaia~Nadir Side~ August 21, 2002
2. Shunkashuuto 春夏秋冬
3. Jishou~Shounen Terrorist~ 自傷（少年テロリスト）PV
* Jiyuu Honpo Tenshin Ranman [1st Press] (自由奔放天真爛漫) February 21, 2002
1. Backstreet Children バックストリートチルドレン
2. Esorakoto 絵空事
3. Gianism Tsu~Shougai Mina Kotoshi~ ジャイアニズム痛～生涯皆殺し～
* Crash!? Nightmare Channel クラッシュ！？ナイトメアチャンネル October 31, 2002
1. Crash!? Nightmare Channel クラッシュ！？ナイトメアチャンネル
2. Crash!? Nightmare Channel (karaoke) クラッシュ！？ナイトメアチャンネル（カラオケ）
* -Believe- August 21, 2003
* 茜／ＨＡＴＥ／Ｏｖｅｒ November 21, 2003
1. Akane 茜
* Varuna April 21, 2004
2. to for
4. See breezy Varuna (A-Type)
5. Space Walking Varuna (B-Type)
* Tokyo Shounen 東京傷年 July 22, 2004
1. Tokyo Shounen 東京傷年
2. Gianism Go ジャイアニズム誤
3. Traumerei トロイメライ
* Shian シアン October 22, 2004
1. Shian シアン
2. Tsuki no Hikari, Utsutsu no Yume 月の光、うつつの夢
3. Shian (Karaoke) シアン（カラオケ）
4. Tsuki no Hikari, Utsutsu no Yume（カラオケ）月の光、うつつの夢（カラオケ）
* Jibun no Hana 時分ノ花 April 1, 2005
1. Jibun no Hana 時分ノ花
2. Dasei Boogie 惰性ブギー
* Яaven Loud Speeeaker August 10, 2005
1. Яaven Loud Speeeaker
2. Nazuki ナヅキ
3. Яaven Loud Speeeaker (karaoke)（カラオケ）
4. Nazuki (karaoke) ナヅキ（カラオケ）
* livEVIL リヴィーヴル December 7, 2005
2. Mary メアリー
3. livEVIL (Karaoke) livEVIL（カラオケ）
4. Mary (Karaoke) メアリー（カラオケ）
* the WORLD/Alumina the WORLD/アルミナ October 18, 2006
1. the WORLD
2. Alumina アルミナ
* Raison d'Etre レゾンデートル June 6, 2007
1. Raison d'Etre レゾンデートル
2. jojouteki ni sugita jikan to fukakutei na mirai e no REQUIEM 叙情的に過ぎた時間と不確定な未来へのレクイエム
3. Criminal Baby
* Konoha このは October 3, 2007
2. cloudy dayz
* DIRTY November 7, 2007
2. メビウスの憂鬱 (Mebius no Yuutsu)
* Untitled 2001
1. Sapato サバト
2. bouki kuro no shikabane 儚き黒の屍
3. maisou sareta tsubomi 埋葬された蕾
* Sapato サバト 2001
1. Yaen 野猿
* Danzai 断罪
1. False 2001
* 5 + 1 = ? 2001
1. 5 + 1 = ?
* Yaen 夜宴 April 2001
1. Yaen 夜宴
* Untitled July 13, 2001
* Zange 懺悔 August 15, 2001
1. Zange 懺悔
* akahana no tonakai 赤鼻のトナカイ December 25, 2001
1. akahana no tonakai 赤鼻のトナカイ
Sursa : wiki ... vad ca nu merge pus un link si nu inteleg de ce =_=# ...
P.S. : nu va speriati de ultimele categorii ^__^ pur si simplu asa sunt numele lor xD mai odd dar nu asta conteaza conteaza ca trupa si melodiile sunt de 10+++